- This event has passed.
We’re Hiring – Development Manager
A Studio in the Woods is seeking a part-time Development Manager to spearhead the organization’s fundraising efforts. A successful candidate will possess the ability to build and execute a comprehensive fundraising plan for the organization while working closely and collaboratively with the organization’s staff, the Tulane University development office, and the Friends of A Studio in the Woods Board of Directors to meet the Studio’s development goals. Friends of A Studio in the Woods’ operating budget is $300,000 with approximately 88% in contributed revenue from individuals, corporations, and government and foundation grants, and 12% in earned revenue from special events and fees.
ABOUT A STUDIO IN THE WOODS
A Studio in the Woods, a program of the ByWater Institute at Tulane University, is committed to fostering creative responses to the challenges of our time by providing retreat to artists, scholars, and the public in a protected forest on the Mississippi River. Since its founding, the Studio has become one of the leading artistic and academic residency programs in the Gulf South region.
- Design and implement a fundraising program which includes strategies for two annual special events, donor stewardship, and individual, corporate and foundation giving.
- Cultivate a portfolio of current and prospective donors.
- Direct the annual fund campaigns, which include donor solicitations and GiveNOLA Day strategies.
- Oversee the grants management process, which includes prospect research, proposal writing, pipeline maintenance, and reporting requirements.
- Oversee the creation of publications and other collateral which support fundraising activities, such as annual reports.
- Manage the fundraising database (Little Green Light) and gift tracking functions.
- Generate acknowledgement letters and tax receipts.
- Provide support to the Managing Director and members of the Friends of A Studio in the Woods Board of Directors as they carry out essential fundraising activities.
- Attend programmatic events to network with donors and support staff.
- Interest in and commitment to the mission of A Studio in the Woods.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two to three years of development experience or equivalent educational or nonprofit experience.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse board, staff, and community of stakeholders.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills, as well as strong attention to detail.
- Familiarity with or ability to adapt to new software quickly, specifically Little Green Light and Quickbooks Online
- Flexibility and willingness to take on responsibilities outside of immediate development activities.
- Commitment to equity and social justice.
- Comfortable working in a natural environment.
- Resident of the Greater New Orleans metro area.
A Studio in the Woods thrives on a collaborative shared leadership model. This position will be a key part of an administrative team of four. Schedule is flexible with the possibility for remote work. Currently staff is working primarily remotely.
This is part-time contract employment for one year with the intention to grow into a full-time salaried position. $25,000 – $30,000 annual contract, dependent on experience.
Letter of interest, resume, and two writing samples or fundraising assets you spearheaded (preferably a membership, individual giving campaign letter, or sponsorship appeal; and an excerpt from a grant narrative; feel free to redact as needed) should be sent to Managing Director Ama Rogan at [email protected] Priority will be given to applications received by October 5, 2020.
We strongly encourage applications from people of color and LGBTQ+ candidates.