FORESTival 2019 Internship
July 17, 2019
POSITION SUMMARY – A Studio in the Woods seeks a dedicated intern to assist with planning, implementation and evaluation of its annual festival, FORESTival: A Celebration of Art and Nature. This family-friendly day of celebration features live music, artist presentations by current and former residents, special guest artists, guided walks in the woods with scientists, and a silent auction. There are hands-on art activities for kids of all ages and local food and drink are available for purchase. The festival attracts roughly 700 visitors to A Studio in the Woods annually.
The intern will assist with conceptualizing programming, creating marketing and promotional materials, soliciting auction items, creating evaluation systems and all aspects of event implementation. This internship is ideal for a candidate interested in learning about grassroots event production from start to finish in a supportive and creative environment. This is an unpaid internship.
- Assist with event packing, unloading and re-loading, and the organization of all event materials.
- Assist with volunteer coordination and event ticketing.
- Assist development with donor benefit packages and auction donations.
- Attend all FORESTival planning meetings, take notes and distribute.
- Collaborate in creating an event marketing plan and promotional materials.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Interested in learning about art management and event production.
- Interested in working with visual and performing artists from New Orleans.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions and handle stress in a production setting. Some lifting is required.
- Must be able to stand on your feet for an extended period of time.
- Reliable transportation to travel to and from A Studio in the Woods, located in Lower Coast Algiers.
- Must be 18 or older.
SCHEDULE – Approximately 5-10 hours per week around the intern‘s schedule, increasing to 20+ hours in the two weeks proceeding and one week following the festival. FORESTival will take place on November 16, 2019.
TO APPLY – Please send resume and letter of interest (can be in the body of the email) to Grace Rennie at [email protected] by Wednesday, August 7, 2019. The position will begin in late August.