Special Collaboration Residencies are conceptualized with partner institutions, pooling resources to support specific projects that further the missions of both A Studio in the Woods and the partner institution. We do not accept proposals for Special Collaborations.
Current Special Collaborations
- We are currently accepting applications for the next Gulf South Writer in the Woods in partnership with New Orleans Center for the Gulf South. Proposals due January 8, 2021.
- Big River Continuum, an upriver/downriver exchange residency with artists Karen Goulet and Monique Verdin in partnership with University of Minnesota’s Itasca Biological Station and Weisman Art Museum
- Brandon Ballengée, Searching for Ghosts of the Gulf, in partnership with Tulane University Biodiversity Research Institute
- Gulf South Writer in the Woods Ladee Hubbard, in partnership with New Orleans Center for the Gulf South
- Tiona Nekkia McClodden for P.5 with Prospect New Orleans
- Health Disparities Residency, a collaboration with Dillard University’s Minority Health and Health Disparities Research Center, will support public health researchers, art professors, and students to create film and art works about Covid-19 and health disparities in our region.
Past Special Collaborations
- FATHOM: Volume I, Lead – An art/science collaboration with artist Pippin Frisbie-Calder, Karubian Lab, and Tulane ByWater Institute, 2020
- Regina Agu, Passage with New Orleans Museum of Art, 2019
- Spanish Heritage Exchange Residency with artists Monique Verdin and Julio Blancas in partnership with The Cultural Office of the Embassy of Spain and SPAIN-USA Foundation, 2018
- Fallen Fruit in partnership with Pelican Bomb, Newcomb Art Museum, the Lower 9th Ward Center for Sustainable Engagement and Development and New Orleans Parks and Parkways, 2017 – 2018
- Gulf South Writer in the Woods Edward Ball, in partnership with New Orleans Center for the Gulf South, 2017 – 2018
- Jeff Whetstone, Batture Ritual, for P.4 in partnership with Prospect New Orleans, 2016 – 2017
- Dawn DeDeaux, Selections from the MotherShip Series with Tulane/Xavier Center for BioEnvironmental Research (now Tulane ByWater Institute), Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, 2014 – 2015
- Alex Harris with E.O. Wilson in collaboration with Tulane/Xavier Center for BioEnvironmental Research (now Tulane ByWater Institute), 2011